Flowers, A Pumpkin, And A Window!
Hello! Today I am sharing two flower projects I worked on this week using the Stampin’ Up!® Online Exclusives Pretty Poinsettia dies (item 168146), from which I used the flower and large leafy stem dies, along with the following additional Stampin’ Up!® die sets:- from the Fern & Flora dies (item 168991) I used three of the fern dies, and the small four-leafed stem die;
- from the Sweet Bugs dies (item 167001) I used the two-leafed stem, mushroom, mushroom caps, small flower trio, and flower center (berry) dies;
- for my window frame and shutters I used the Everyday Arches dies (item 164629). When cutting the window frames I used low-tack tape to hold two of the nesting arch dies together while I ran the dies and cardstock through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (item 149653). For the shutters I used the full arch die cut that was the interior of the frame die cut, using my Paper Trimmer (item 152392) to cut the die cut in half vertically;
- from the Online Exclusives Oh My Fright dies (item 168175) I used the tree die, using the die cuts as a branch on the pumpkin project, and trimming the die cut to use as the base of one of the flowering plants in the window box on the second project;
- from the "coming soon" Welcome Noel dies (item 168464), which will be featured in the September-December 2026 Catalogue, I used one of the small wreath dies to cut the ring that I layered over the Sweet Bugs berry flower center on the full sunflower on the pumpkin project;
- from the recently retired Help Me Grow dies (item 167166) I used the small cluster flower dies (I added the die cut flowers to the trimmed Oh My Fright tree die cut for the window box plant), the garden fork and spade dies - including the handle and the "leather lace" dies - and the large "raggy" leaf stem die;
- and from the retired Encircled In Nature dies (item 163628) I used the ivy dies.
Before die cutting the Everyday Arches window frame and shutters for the second project I embossed the Gray Granite cardstock (item 146983) using the retired Timber 3D Embossing Folder (item 156406).
I used a stylus and score board (Simply Scored Scoring Tool - item 122334) to score the horizontal lines at 1/8" intervals on the interior arch die cut that was used for the shutters before I cut the die cut in half vertically.
For shading cardstock die cuts I used Small Blending Brushes (item 160518 - package of three) and finger Sponge Daubers (item 133773 - package of five) to apply the Classic Stampin' inks to the die cuts.
For both the Early Espresso cardstock (item 119686) used to cover the stem of the MDF pumpkin on the first project, and the Mossy Meadow cardstock (item 133676) torn edge strip used for the "grass" on the seccond project, I first misted the cardstock liberally with water using one of the Stampin' Spritzers (item 126185) before crunching the cardstock up with my fingers. After the cardstock had dried I ironed the cardstock - the ironing does not get rid of all of the crinkled texture of the cardstock it just flattens the cardstock sufficiently to make it a little more manageable for gluing. For the "grass" I shaded the cardstock after ironing.
Just a quick note regarding the additional basic tools I used to complete my projects this week, in addition to the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (item 149653) that was used for all die cutting and embossing, and the Simply Scored Scoring Tool (item 122334);
- Paper Trimmer (item 152392) - for trimming cardstock and Designer Series Paper - can also be used for scoring lines;
- Stampin' Brayer (item 162936) - immediately after gluing DSP to a base, whether an MDF shape or a cardboard panel, I use the Brayer to roll over the DSP to ensure even coverage of the liquid glue and good even adhesion of the DSP to the base. After the glue is thoroughly dry I use my craft knife to carefully trim away any excess DSP from around the edges of the base;
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (item 110755) as the main adhesive; and
- Take Your Pick Tool (item 144107) - the spatula and tacky putty tips are definitely a great help for manipulating and placing small die cuts and embellishments.
On with the projects!
For the first project I began with (a) a black wood frame from Dollarama, glass removed, inside back dimensions 7" square, and edges rubbed with a medium grit sandpaper; and (b) an MDF shelf sitter pumpkin shape, also from Dollarama, 5 3/4" tall x 4 3/4" wide x 1/2" deep. The MDF pumpkins, which have definitely become a staple for my autumnal decor projects, are found in the Thanksgiving/fall decor aisle, and come in three slightly different shapes with a paper design on one side that can usually be easily pulled off.
To cover the base of the pumpkin I used one of the patterned pearlized finish papers from the Glow Of Harvest 12" x 12" Specialty Designer Series Paper (item 168598), which is the August Product Of The Month (https://archiesatelier.blogspot.com/2026/08/playing-with-stitched-stocking-dies.html), and the crinkled Early Espresso cardstock (item 119686) to cover the stem.
For the background panel I used a Pool Party patterned paper from the Country Woods 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 163393), which is one of the select Designer Series Papers that is on sale for 15% off until August 31, to cover a medium weight cardboard panel that was trimmed to fit the frame. After securing the DSP covered background panel into the frame I glued the DSP and cardstock covered MDF pumpkin to the background panel before adding the additional die cuts to the pumpkin. To complete the project I used the following additional supplies:
- Golden Glow cardstock (item 167685), shaded using Daffodil Delight ink (item 147094), for the Pretty Poinsettia flower die cuts;
- Pecan Pie cardstock (item 161717), shaded using Early Espresso ink (item 1471134) for the Sweet Bugs flower center die cuts;
- Early Espresso cardstock (item 119686) for the Welcome Noel (wreath) ring flower center die cut, and the Oh My Fright tree die cut;
- Crumb Cake cardstock (item 120953) for the Pretty Poinsettia, Help Me Grow, Sweet Bugs, and Fern & Flora foliage die cuts - all shaded using Crumb Cake ink (item 147116) and Early Espresso ink; and
- I added two of each of the three sizes of Antique Pearls (item 164679) to the background panel.
For the second project I began with one of the house-shaped shadow boxes from Dollar Tree - 7 3/8" tall (from base to "roof" peak) x 5 1/2" wide x 1 3/8" deep, and completed the scene on the flat (back) panel. To the bottom edge of the panel I first added a 1" wide strip of watercolour paper for the "foundation". I shaded the watercolour paper strip using Gray Granite ink (item 147118), lightly spritzing with water using one of the Stampin' Spritzers (item 126185) and blotting dry with paper towel. I used my retired Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to add a few splatters by flicking the brush tip against the marker lid. After gluing the watercolour paper strip to the panel I then added the brick patterned paper from the retired Bloom Where You're Planted 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 155696) - featured in the May 2021-April 2022 Annual Catalogue.
After the glue was thoroughly dry I used my craft knife to trim away the excess watercolour paper and DSP, and sponged around all the edges with Gray Granite ink. I used two strips of Gray Granite cardstock (item 146983), edges sponged with Gray Granite ink, to cover the side and top edges of the panel. I then added the torn edge "grass" strip of shaded and crinkled Mossy Meadow cardstock (item 133676) to the bottom edge, applying glue to the bottom and side edges so that I could tuck a few die cuts behind the torn edge. For the "roof" I used two 3/4" wide strips of Gray Granite cardstock, scored along the lengths at 1/8" intervals, and shaded with Gray Granite ink.
As previously noted I used Gray Granite cardstock that had been embossed using the retired Timber 3D Embossing Folder for the window frame and shutters. For shading these die cuts I used Gray Granite ink and Early Espresso ink (item 147114). To provide a little dimension to the window frame I stacked and glued together a total of five frame layers, including the top embossed frame. For each of the shutters I stacked and glued together a total of four half arch die cuts, including the top embossed die cuts. Before stacking the shutter arch die cuts I had scored the lines in the top embossed arch die cut before making the vertical cut to create the shutters. Behind the stacked frame die cuts I glued a trimmed piece of ink jet transparency film (I have a good supply picked up at my local thrift stores - but of course Window Sheets [item 142314] would work great as well!), and then glued on the 1/8" wide strips of Basic Black cardstock (item 121045) to delineate the window panes. Finally I glued to the back of the stacked frames the window backing panel that was trimmed from a piece of retired DSP that had been painted with white acrylic paint, crumpled, and coloured using a mixture of Crumb Cake ink refill (item 121029) and water (https://archiesatelier.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-ravens-tale-but-raven-sitting.html).
To complete the project I used the following additional supplies:
- for the window box I used a 3/4" x 3" strip trimmed from a panel of the embossed Gray Granite cardstock used to cut the top layers of the window frame and shutters, and again used Gray Granite and Early Espresso inks for shading. Along the inside top edge of the window box strip I glued a torn edge strip of the crinkled Early Espresso cardstock (item 119686) that I used to cover the pumpkin stem on the first project, and to provide a little dimension used three stacked strips of medium weight cardboard glued behind the window box to attach it to the base of the window;
- Crumb Cake cardstock (item 120953), shaded with Crumb Cake ink (item 147116), for the mushroom stems, the Oh My Fright trimmed tree die cut, and the garden tool handles. For the garden tool handles I also used a little Early Espresso ink for shading;
- Very Vanilla cardstock (item 166784), also shaded with Crumb Cake ink, for the mushroom gills;
- Crisp Canteloupe cardstock (item 167693), shaded with Calypso Coral ink (item 147101), for the mushroom caps - after spritzing the shaded cardstock die cuts with water using one of the Stampin' Spritzers and allowing to air dry I added the dots using one of the White Gel Pens (item 166642 - package of two);
- Crisp Canteloupe cardstock and Petal Pink cardstock (item 146985), all shaded with Calypso Coral ink, for the Pretty Poinsettia and Help Me Grow flower die cuts;
- Timid Tiger cardstock (item 165626), shaded with Calypso Coral ink, for the trio of Sweet Bugs small flowers that were added to the Fern & Flora four-leafed stem;
- Granny Apple Green cardstock (item 146990) and Old Olive cardstock (item 100702), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111) for foliage die cuts;
- Early Espresso cardstock for the "leather lace" loop die cut used on the handle of the garden fork;
- Basic Black cardstock that had been covered with thin silver foil tape for the tines and spade of the garden implements. I used a fine grit sandpaper to scratch up the surfaces of these "faux metalic" cardstock die cuts before rubbing black acrylic paint over the surfaces (https://archiesatelier.blogspot.com/2026/06/oh-my-fright-sneak-peek-hello-today-i.html); and
- to each center of the two small Pretty Poinsettia flowers I added one of the small Early Espresso dots from the retiring - and currently available as one of the discounted Last Chance Products - Earthy Matte Dots (item 167213).
And finally . . .
For my Archie card project this week, shared at the bottom of this blog post, I used VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink to stamp on watercolour paper the images from the retired Pretty Kitty stamp set (item 141864), featured in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue, and the images from the retired Storybook Friends stamp set (item 164668) and Storybook Garden Patch stamp set (item 164663), both featured in the January-April 2025 Mini Catalogue. The Storybook Friends and Storybook Garden Patch images were die cut using, respectively, the retired co-ordinating Storybook Friends dies (item 164674) and Storybook Garden Patch dies (item 164666). To colour the images I used:
- Pumpkin Pie ink (item 147086);
- Azure Afternoon ink refill (item 161668);
- Daffodil Delight ink (item 147094);
- Highland Heather ink refill (item 147167);
- Real Red ink (item 147084);
- Old Olive ink (item 147090);
- Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111);
- Misty Moonlight ink (item 153118);
- Crumb Cake ink refill (item 121029); and
- Basic Gray ink refill (item 149166).
Thank you for visiting my blog! I had a lot of fun working on my flower projects this week - and getting into an autumnal state of mind with the pumpkin project!
Unfortunately the Pretty Poinsettia dies (item 168146) are currently out of stock but Stampin' Up! expects them to again be available for ordering the week of August 31, 2026.
If you are interested in purchasing any of the available Stampin’ Up!® products I have used in my projects, and you live in Canada and do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please do not hesitate to visit my online store found on my website https://archiesatelier.stampinup.net/ at your convenience, or simply click under the "Shop With Me" tab on the right sidebar of my blog, which will take you directly to my website and online store. I very much appreciate your business, and would be very pleased to be your demonstrator! If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me (lmccoyarchie@gmail.com), and I will try my best to help! The digital version of the May-August 2026 Catalogue is available for you to access at your convenience on my website. If visiting the online store don't forget to check out the full range of Online Exclusives Products - including all the new products released last month - as well as the updated Last Chance Products Listing! A reminder that all Last Chance Products are available only while supplies last!
A reminder that until August 31st Stampin’ Up! is offering 15% off select Designer Series Papers and cardstock!
Have fun creating!
Laurel
*It has come to my attention that quite often email correspondence from me is delivered to the recipient's spam or junk mail folder - if you have corresponded with me I have replied so be sure to check your spam or junk mail folder! Thank you!!

.webp)

.webp)

.webp)
.webp)
.webp)

.webp)












.webp)











Comments
Post a Comment