Yuletide Carols!

Hello!  Today I am sharing two decor projects I worked on this week using the Stampin’ Up!® Yuletide Carols 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 168530), which is featured in the September-December 2026 Catalogue. This twelve-sheet pack of Designer Series Paper, with four sheets each of three double-sided designs, includes four sheets of "cut apart" image panels.  In the projects I used two of the "cut apart" image panels, as well as a nearly full "One Horse Open Sleigh" sheet.
 
To complete the two projects I also used, in addition to one of the Early Espresso patterned papers from the Country Woods 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 163393) that I used in both projects, the following Stampin’ Up!® die sets:
  • from the Online Exclusives Pretty Poinsettia dies (item 168146) I used the flower, leafy stem, and flower center dies;
  • from the Fern & Flora dies (item 168991) I used two of the detailed fern dies; and
  • from the Winter Adventures dies (item 168311) - which were part of this month's release of new Online Exclusives Products - I used the tree and snowshoe dies.
Just a note regarding the Winter Adventures dies:  this is an Impressions die set, as it includes two dies (the tree scene die and the large snowflake die) that can cut shapes and emboss textural detail.  To get the full effect of the textural detail embossing the two dies must be used with the Impressions Plate (item 167767), a 6" x 8 1/2" flexible silicone pad that is featured in the September-December 2026 Catalogue.  After the die shapes are cut using the standard cutting sandwich in the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (item 149653) the die cut is kept in the die (with the cutting edge of the die facing up), and the sandwich adjusted to remove the two cutting plates (Plates 3) and to add the Impressions Plate and the Specialty Plate (item 154711 - Plate 4) that is used with 3D Embossing Folders. The new sandwich, with the die cut remaining in the die, is then rolled through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine to emboss the textural detail on the die cut.  The Impressions Plate includes illustrated instructions for both the cutting and embossing sandwiches. 
In addition to the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, which was used for all die cutting, I also used the following additional basic supplies and tools to complete the projects this week:
  • Paper Trimmer (item 152392) - for trimming cardstock and Designer Series Paper (including trimming the "cut apart" image panels);
  • Multipurpose Liquid Glue (item 110755) as the main adhesive.  Both projects involved gluing DSP to a cardboard base panel, and immediately after gluing the DSP to the cardboard panel I used the Stampin' Brayer (item 162936) to roll over the DSP to ensure even coverage of the liquid glue and good even adhesion of the DSP to the cardboard panel base.  After the glue was thoroughly dry I used my craft knife to carefully trim away any excess DSP from around the edges of the cardboard panel;
  • Take Your Pick Tool (item 144107) - the spatula and tacky putty tips are definitely a great help for manipulating and placing small die cuts and embellishments; and
  • for shading cardstock die cuts I used Small Blending Brushes (item 160518 - package of three), and finger Sponge Daubers (item 133773 - package of five) to apply Classic Stampin' inks to the die cuts.  For additional visual texture on the Fern & Flora foliage die cuts and on the Winter Adventures tree die cuts I lightly spritzed the ink shaded cardstock die cuts with water using one of the Stampin' Spritzers (item 126185 - package of two), allowing to air dry.
On with the projects!
For the first project I began with an "almost Basic Beige" frame from Dollarama, glass removed, inside back dimensions of 6" x 4", and used the following additional supplies to complete the project:
  • I covered the cardboard panel trimmed to fit the frame with the Early Espresso Country Woods DSP, and used another 4 1/8" x 2 3/4" panel of the DSP for a matting panel for the 4" x 2 5/8" trimmed Yuletide Carols image panel;
  • Cherry Cobbler cardstock (item 119685) for the 4 1/4" x 3" matting panel;
  • Crumb Cake ink (item 147116) to sponge around the edges of the Yuletide Carols image panel;
  • Very Vanilla cardstock (item 166784), shaded with Crumb Cake ink, for the Pretty Poinsettia flower die cuts;
  • Pecan Pie cardstock (item 161717), shaded with Crumb Cake ink, for the Pretty Poinsettia flower center die cuts;
  • Peaceful Pine cardstock (item 167691), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111), for the Pretty Poinsettia and Fern & Flora foliage die cuts; and
  • to the center of each of the flowers I added one of the Gold Adhesive-Backed Dots (item 168467) featured in the September-December 2026 Catalogue.
Behind the fully matted Yuletide Carols image panel I added two stacked pieces of chipboard to allow the image panel when glued to the DSP-covered background panel to be even with the edges of the frame.  Once the image panel was glued in place I added the flower and foliage die cuts, gluing them partially to the image panel and to the edges of the frame.

For the second project I began with a repainted thrift store wood frame, glass removed, inside back dimensions of 10" x 8".  I used the "One Horse Open Sleigh" sheet to cover a cardboard panel trimmed to fit the frame.  Over the DSP-covered background panel I added a 3 1/8" wide strip of the Early Espresso Country Woods DSP (the edges sponged with Early Espresso ink - item 147114), over which I then added the trimmed horizontal Yuletide Carols image panel.  Behind the Yuletide Carols image panel (the top edge of which I sponged with Early Espresso ink) I added a strip of chipboard - leaving enough space behind the top edge of the image panel so that I could tuck in a few of the die cuts.  I secured the completed background panel into the frame before I started to add the die cuts - gluing the die cuts to both the background panel and to the edges of the frame. To complete the project I used the following additional supplies:
  • Very Vanilla cardstock (item 166784), shaded with Crumb Cake ink (item 147116); Real Red cardstock (item 102482), shaded with Cherry Cobbler ink (item 147083); and Cherry Cobbler cardstock (item 119685), shaded with Cherry Cobbler ink, for the Pretty Poinsettia flower die cuts;
  • Pecan Pie cardstock (item 161717), shaded with Crumb Cake ink, for the Pretty Poinsettia flower center die cuts;
  • Peaceful Pine cardstock (item 167691), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111), for the Pretty Poinsettia and Fern & Flora foliage die cuts;
  • Peaceful Pine cardstock, shaded with Mossy Meadow ink and Early Espresso ink, for the Winter Adventures tree die cuts.  Around the edges of the branches of the tree die cuts I brushed on some Liquitex Titanium White Acrylic Gouache (purchased at a local art supply shop) to suggest snow on the branches;
  • Pecan Pie cardstock, shaded with Pecan Pie ink (item 161665), for the Winter Adventures detailed snowshoe die cuts, and Early Espresso cardstock for the backing snowshoe die cuts; and
  • to the center of each of the Pretty Poinsettia flower die cuts I added one of the Gold Adhesive-Backed Dots (item 168467).
And finally . . . 
Remember Rococo Rose - one of the 2019-2021 In Colours along with Terracotta Tile, Pretty Peacock, Seaside Spray, and Purple PosyRococo Rose seemed the perfect colour to emphasize the colouring of Archie's nose in the photograph I chose as the focus of the 5 3/4" square scrapbook layout I worked on this week for his album.  To complete the layout, shared at the bottom of this blog post, I used:
  • for the window panel a 5 1/2" square piece of the retired Rococo Rose cardstock (item 150882), over which I glued a 2 1/8" wide strip of a Blushing Bride patterned paper from the retired Awash In Beauty 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 158973 - featured in the May 2022-April 2023 Annual Catalogue), flanked by 1/4" wide (top edge) and 1/8" wide (bottom edge) strips of Basic Black cardstock (item 121045).  I used the largest square die from the Stylish Shapes dies (item 159183) to cut the window opening, and used double-sided tape (Tear & Tape Adhesive - item 154031) to secure the photograph behind the window opening;
  • Basic Black cardstock for the 5 5/8" square matting panel;
  • Basic White Thick cardstock (item 159229) for the 5 3/4" square base matting panel;
  • Rococo Rose cardstock for the Pretty Poinsettia flower die cuts - I used one of the finger Sponge Daubers (item 133773) to apply White Craft Ink (item 147277) around the edges of the flower die cuts;
  • Basic Black cardstock for the Pretty Poinsettia leafy stem and flower center die cuts;
  • I used one of the large and three of the small retired Adhesive-Backed Textured Dots (item 163338) for the centers of the large and small Pretty Poinsettia flowers; and
  • I used VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink to stamp on the DSP panel the "good times" sentiment from the Extraordinary Life stamp set (item 167713).
Thank you for visiting my blog!  I had a lot of fun working on my Yuletide Carols projects this week!

Unfortunately the following items that I used this week are not currently available for ordering, but I have included below the dates by which Stampin' Up! expects them to again be available for ordering:
  • Very Vanilla cardstock (item 166784) - week of September 28, 2026; and
  • Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (item 149653) - week of October 26, 2026.
Certainly working on art and craft projects has many undeniable benefits - not the least of which are psychological, but we all have increasingly limited resources that have to be stretched in many directions, sometimes not leaving very much left over for investment in art and crafting supplies, and where and how we spend our limited resources may force many of us to make difficult decisions.  I was - and admittedly remain - concerned about potential impact of the new Canadian tariffs on orders of Stampin’ Up!® products.  On Thursday afternoon I was advised by Stampin' Up!, in response to my inquiry, that currently orders of Stampin' Up!® products coming into Canada are not affected by the tariffs effected by Canada on September 8th on certain products being imported into Canada from the U.S., but that notice would be provided by Stampin' Up! if it was determined that additional tariffs would be applicable  - i.e. if increases to Canadian shipping fees would be necessary to cover any applicable additional tariffs.  All that being said . . . 

If you are interested in purchasing any of the available Stampin’ Up!® products I have used in my projects, and you live in Canada and do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please do not hesitate to visit my online store found on my website https://archiesatelier.stampinup.net/ at your convenience, or simply click under the "Shop With Me" tab on the right sidebar of my blog, which will take you directly to my website and online store.  I very much appreciate your business, and would be very pleased to be your demonstrator! If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me (lmccoyarchie@gmail.com), and I will try my best to help!  The digital version of the September-December 2026 Catalogue is now available for you to access at your convenience on my website.  If visiting the online store don't forget to check out the full range of Online Exclusives Products - including all the new products released this month - as well as the Last Chance Products Listing!  A reminder that all Last Chance Products are available only while supplies last!  

Have fun creating!

Laurel

*It has come to my attention that quite often email correspondence from me is delivered to the recipient's spam or junk mail folder - if you have corresponded with me I have replied so be sure to check your spam or junk mail folder!  Thank you!! 
"A cat's purring sleep whispers peace into the heart of a home."
- Unknown -











































Comments