Echoes Of Detail!
Hello! Today I am sharing three projects I worked on this week using two of the images from the Stampin’ Up!® Echoes Of Detail photopolymer stamp set (item 170046), which is also bundled with the Echoes Of Detail Hot Foil dies (item 170048 - Bundle item 170049).
For each of the projects I also:
- covered a trimmed panel of medium weight cardboard with Designer Series Paper, and used a square die from the Stylish Shapes dies (item 159183) to cut a window opening in the panel, behind which I secured a watercolour paper panel on which I had stamped one of the images from the Echoes Of Detail stamp set; and
- used clear packing tape (purchased at the dollar store) to lift printed images from the Stampin’ Up!® box in which my last order was delivered - nothing goes to waste! This transfer technique is certainly a lot of fun - you get partial images as well as some of the brown paper covering from the cardboard box. After sticking the tape over the image areas on the box panels I used my Bone Folder (item 102300) to burnish the tape to ensure some adhesion of the paper to the tape when the tape is torn off - the burnishing is especially important if the tape turns out to be not so sticky! I used a glue stick (Elmer's All Purpose Glue Stick - purchased at Dollarama) to attach the trimmed tape pieces to my projects, again using my Bone Folder to burnish the tape transfer strips to the final project surface. For narrow tape transfer strips you can certainly also use regular cello tape!
- three patterned papers from the Country Woods 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 163393);
- Crumb Cake grid patterned paper from the Nature Walk 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 166912);
- from the Online Exclusives Pretty Poinsettia dies (item 168146) I used the flower, large leafy stem, and flower center dies;
- from the Sweet Bugs dies (item 167001) I used the two-leafed stem, mushroom, mushroom cap, and flower center (berry) dies;
- from the Fern & Flora dies (item 168991) I used three of the detailed fern dies;
- I used the small circle die from the Gears & Textures dies (item 166853) to cut the centers for the two full Pretty Poinsettia flowers on the first project; and
- from the recently retired Help Me Grow dies (item 167166) I used the shaggy leaf stem die.
For shading cardstock die cuts I used Small Blending Brushes (item 160518 - package of three) and finger Sponge Daubers (item 133773 - package of five) to apply the Classic Stampin' inks to the die cuts. To add a little additional visual texture to the Fern & Flora fern die cuts and the Sweet Bugs mushroom cap die cuts, I lightly sprayed the shaded cardstock die cuts with water using one of the Stampin' Spritzers (item 126185 - package of two), either allowing to air dry or blotting dry with paper towel.
Just a brief summary of the additional basic tools I used to complete my projects this week:
- Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (item 149653) for all die cutting;
- Paper Trimmer (item 152392) - for trimming cardstock and Designer Series Paper;
- Stampin' Brayer (item 162936) - immediately after gluing DSP to a cardboard panel I use the Brayer to roll over the DSP to ensure even coverage of the liquid glue and good even adhesion of the DSP to the cardboard panel base. After the glue is thoroughly dry I use my craft knife to carefully trim away any excess DSP from around the edges of the cardboard panel;
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (item 110755) as the main adhesive; and
- Take Your Pick Tool (item 144107) - the spatula and tacky putty tips are definitely a great help for manipulating and placing small die cuts and embellishments.
On with the projects!
For the first project I began with a black frame from Dollarama, glass removed, and inside back dimensions of 10" x 8". For the background panel I covered a cardboard panel trimmed to fit the frame with the grid patterned paper from the Nature Walk DSP. I used the Country Woods DSP to cover an 8" x 5 3/4" cardboard panel, and used the largest square die from the Stylish Shapes dies to cut the window opening. Around the edges of this panel, including the inside edges of the window opening, I sponged Gray Granite ink (item 147118). I added the tape transfer strips after I had added the window backing panel, the die cuts, and the matting panel. To complete the project I used the folloiwng additional supplies:
- the Echoes Of Detail image was stamped using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink on watercolour paper that had first been shaded using Crumb Cake ink (item 147116). I used my retired Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to add splatters to the stamped panel by flicking the brush tip against the marker lid. I used strips trimmed from Foam Adhesive Sheets (item 152815) to attach the stamped panel behind the window opening, ensuring that the strips were not positioned too close to the bottom edge of the window opening so that there would be room to tuck in die cuts;
- Hydrangea Hue cardstock (item 167687) and Blueberry Bushel cardstock (item 146968), all shaded with Misty Moonlight ink (item 153118), for the Pretty Poinsettia flower die cuts;
- Crushed Curry cardstock (item 131199), shaded with Pecan Pie ink (item 161665), for the Pretty Poinsettia, Sweet Bugs, and Gears & Textures flower center die cuts;
- Garden Green cardstock (item 102584), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111), for the Pretty Poinsettia and Sweet Bugs foliage die cuts;
- Old Olive cardstock (item 100702), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink, for the Fern & Flora fern die cuts;
- Basic Black cardstock (item 121045) for the 8 1/4" x 6" matting panel, which was secured to the back of the window panel using strips trimmed from Foam Adhesive Sheets; and
- to the centers of each of the two large and each of the two small complete Pretty Poinsettia flowers I added, respectively, one medium and one small of the Antique Pearls (item 164679). Even when placing self-adhesive embellishments I always add a tiny dab of Multipurpose Liquid Glue - the belt and suspenders mentality!
For the second project I began with a framed whiteboard calendar from Dollarama, inside front dimensions of 7 5/8" x 5 5/8". For the background panel I trimmed a piece of Basic Black cardstock (item 121045) to fit the inside front dimensions. I used the grid patterned Nature Walk DSP to cover a 6 3/4" x 5 7/8" cardboard panel, and used the largest square die from the Stylish Shapes dies to cut the window opening. Around the edges of this panel, including the inside edges of the window opening, I sponged Crumb Cake ink (item 147116). The Echoes Of Detail image was stamped using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink on watercolour paper that had first been shaded using Gray Granite ink (item 147118), and I used my retired Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to add the splatters. Again I used strips trimmed from Foam Adhesive Sheets (item 152815) to (a) attach the stamped panel behind the window opening, allowing enough room along the bottom edge of the window opening so that I could tuck in die cuts, and (b) to attach the completed window panel to the background panel. To complete the project I used the following additional supplies:
- Petal Pink cardstock (item 146985), shaded with Calypso Coral ink (item 147101), for the Pretty Poinsettia flower die cut;
- Pecan Pie cardstock (item 161717), shaded with Early Espresso ink (item 147114), for the Sweet Bugs flower center die cut;
- Crumb Cake cardstock (item 120953), shaded with Crumb Cake ink, for the base mushroom die cuts;
- Very Vanilla cardstock (item 166784), shaded with Crumb Cake ink, for the mushroom gill die cuts (trimmed from mushroom base die cuts);
- Crisp Canteloupe cardstock (item 167693), shaded with Calypso Coral ink, for the mushroom cap die cuts;
- Garden Green cardstock (item 102584), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111), for the Pretty Poinsettia, Sweet Bugs, and Help Me Grow foliage die cuts;
- Old Olive cardstock (item 100702), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink, for the Fern & Flora fern die cut; and
- one large and two small of the Petal Pink dots from the recently retired Muted Palette Dots (item 165155).
In addition to the tape transfer strip I added to the window panel a small torn scrap of corrugated cardboard that had been painted with white and brown acrylic paints, and some crackle paste from my stash. The hoarded scraps from other projects always come in handy!
For this project I began with a 5" square x 1 3/4" deep wood panel from Dollar Tree, the front (flat panel) and four sides of which I covered with one of the patterned papers from the Country Woods DSP. I used the second patterned paper from the Country Woods DSP to cover a 4" square cardboard panel, and used the 2" square die from the Stylish Shapes dies to cut the window opening. Around the edges of this panel, including the inside edges of the window opening, I sponged Crumb Cake ink (item 147116). I used Gray Granite ink (item 147118) to stamp several times the Echoes Of Detail brick image on watercolour paper, using my retired Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to add a few splatters. I again used strips trimmed from Foam Adhesive Sheets (item 152815) to (a) attach the stamped panel behind the window opening, allowing sufficient room along the bottom edge of the window opening to be able to tuck in a few die cuts, and (b) to attach the completed window panel to the front of the DSP-covered wood panel. To complete the project I used the following additional supplies:
- Golden Glow cardstock (item 167685), shaded with Pecan Pie ink (item 161665), for the Pretty Poinsettia flower die cuts;
- Early Espresso cardstock (item 119686) for the Pretty Poinsettia flower center die cut;
- Old Olive cardstock (item 100702), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111), for the Sweet Bugs and Fern & Flora foliage die cuts; and
- to the center of the flower I added one of the small Daffodil Delight dots from the retired Muted Palette Dots (item 165155).
And finally . . .
For my Archie project this week (a 5 3/8" x 5 1/8" panel for Archie's album), shared at the bottom of this blog post, I used both of the basic techniques used on my other projects - with the exception of using one of the Stylish Shapes circle dies to cut the window opening in the Country Woods DSP-covered 4 3/4" x 3 7/8" cardboard panel. I used VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink to stamp the image from the retired Pretty Kitty stamp set (item 141864) on watercolour paper, and to colour the image I used:
- Pumpkin Pie ink (item 147086);
- Daffodil Delight ink (item 147094);
- Pool Party ink refill (item 122933);
- Highland Heather ink refill (item 147167);
- Old Olive ink refill (item 100531);
- Pecan Pie ink (item 161665);
- Gray Granite ink (item 147118);
- Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, and Old Olive watercolour pencils (Watercolour Pencils Assortment 1 - item 161700); and
- Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, and Cajun Craze watercolour pencils (Watercolour Pencils Assortment 2 - item 149014).
- Crumb Cake ink (item 147116) to shade around the edges, including the inside edges of the window opening, of the DSP-covered panel;
- Daffodil Delight cardstock (item 119683), shaded using Daffodil Delight ink, for the two small flowers cut using the retired Country Birdhouse dies (item 163400) - to the center of each of these flowers I added one of the small dots from the retired Adhesive-Backed Textured Dots (item 163338);
- Old Olive cardstock (item 100702), shaded with Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111), for the foliage die cuts made using the "leafy" die from the retired Encircled In Nature dies (item 163628), and the small six-leafed stem die from the retiring - and currently available as one of the Last Chance Products - Scalloped Wishes dies (item 167452);
- a 5 1/4" x 5" piece of Basic Black cardstock (item 121045); and
- a 5 3/8" x 5 1/8" piece of Basic White Thick cardstock (item 159229).
Thank you for visiting my blog! I had a lot of fun starting to play with the Echoes Of Detail stamp set - and of course using the Stampin’ Up!® delivery box for the tape transfer technique!
Unfortunately the Pretty Poinsettia dies (item 168146) are currently out of stock but Stampin' Up! expects them to again be available for ordering the week of August 31, 2026.
If you are interested in purchasing any of the available Stampin’ Up!® products I have used in my projects, and you live in Canada and do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please do not hesitate to visit my online store found on my website https://archiesatelier.stampinup.net/ at your convenience, or simply click under the "Shop With Me" tab on the right sidebar of my blog, which will take you directly to my website and online store. I very much appreciate your business, and would be very pleased to be your demonstrator! If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me (lmccoyarchie@gmail.com), and I will try my best to help! The digital version of the May-August 2026 Catalogue is available for you to access at your convenience on my website. If visiting the online store don't forget to check out the full range of Online Exclusives Products - including all the new products released last month - as well as the updated Last Chance Products Listing! A reminder that all Last Chance Products are available only while supplies last!
A reminder that the Stampin' Up! 15% Off Select Designer Series Papers And Cardstock Sale ends on Monday August 31st!
Have fun creating!
Laurel
*It has come to my attention that quite often email correspondence from me is delivered to the recipient's spam or junk mail folder - if you have corresponded with me I have replied so be sure to check your spam or junk mail folder! Thank you!!









.webp)
.webp)


.webp)








.webp)










.webp)

Comments
Post a Comment