A Few Houses With Flowers!

Hello!  Today I am sharing a few house and flower projects I worked on this week using leftover scraps of retired Stampin’ Up!® Designer Series Papers; current and a few retired dies; and a current and two retired embossing folders.  I wanted to make some bright and happy houses, and of course, they needed flowers!  For the houses I first began by sorting scraps of retired Designer Series Papers into colours, and then I used my Paper Trimmer (item 152392) to cut 1/4" and 1/2" wide strips, which I then glued to light weight cardstock from my stash -  definitely no need to use my premium Stampin’ 
Up!® cardstock for this!  I then used the large tag from the new Online Exclusives Oh My Fright dies (item 168175) to cut the bases of the houses.  To cut the roofs - from both DSP strip and full DSP bases - I used one of the dies from the retired Stitched Triangles dies (item 152710).  I used the smallest die from the Everday Arches dies (item 164629) to cut the doors from cardstock that had first been embossed using either the Stripes Embossing Folder from the retired Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folders (item 157980 - set of two) or the retired Timber 3D Embossing Folder (item 156406).
Here is a listing - although I have undoubtedly overlooked a few! - of the retired DSP that I used, in addition to various designs from several of the colour families 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper Assortments from previous years:
  • Magic In This Night 12" x 12" (item 153517);
  • Glorious Gingham 6" x 6" (item 163170);
  • You're A Peach 12" x 12" (item 155686);
  • Favoured Flowers 12" x 12" (item 160833);
  • Peaceful Poppies 12" x 12" (item 151324);
  • Rustic Harvest 12" x 12" (item 159633);
  • Sunshine & Rainbows 6" x 6" (item 158126);
  • Tea Boutique 6" x 6" (item 158659);
  • Perennial Lavender 12" x 12" (item 162593);
  • Masterfully Made 12" x 12" (item 161192);
  • Trusty Toolbox 12" x 12" (item 162978);
  • Zoo Crew 12" x 12" (item 161304);
  • Timeless Plaid 6" x 6" (item 164678);
  • Hydrangea Hill 12" x 12" (item 154570);
  • Bright & Beautiful 6" x 6" (item 161449);
  • Heartwarming Hugs 12" x 12" (item 153492);
  • Black & White Designs 12" x 12" (item 159861);
  • Bird Ballad 12" x 12" (item 149592); and
  • See A Silhouette 12" x 12" (item 149443).
To complete the projects I used the following additional die sets:
  • from the Extraordinary Life dies (item 167718) I used the large heart die, and for the small heart used on the door of the second project the small hexagon die with cut out heart (it was this heart that I used);
  • from the Online Exclusives Pretty Poinsettia dies (item 168146) I used the flower, flower center, and leafy stem dies;
  • from the Sweet Bugs dies (item 167001) I used the mushroom, berry (flower center), and two-leafed stem dies;
  • from the Fern & Flora dies (item 168991) I used two of the fern dies;
  • from the Online Exclusives Help Me Grow dies (item 167166) I used the two leafy stem dies, the flower cluster dies, and, for additional flowers, the "leaf/flower/grass" die;
  • from the Online Exclusives Rolling Waves dies (item 167144) I used the large leaf die;
  • from the Bordered In Beauty dies (item 167556) I used the indiviual bracket die, and the bracket edge die;
  • from the Online Exclusives Scalloped Wishes dies (item 167452) I used the two small flower dies;
  • from the Gears & Textures dies (item 166853) I used the small circle die (doorknobs), and the punched hole edge die; and
  • from the retired Tags To Go dies (item 165576) I used the large key die.
Prior to die cutting the Extraordinary Life large hearts I embossed the cardstock using the Fern & Flora 3D Embossing Folder (item 167744).
For the foliage die cuts I used Lost Lagoon cardstock (item 133679), Lemon Lime Twist cardstock (item 144245), Granny Apple Green cardstock (item 146990), Old Olive cardstock (item 100702), and Mossy Meadow cardstock (item 133676), all shaded using Mossy Meadow ink (item 147111).  For a little additional visual texture I sometimes lightly spritzed the shaded cardstock die cuts with water using one of the Stampin' Spritzers (item 126185 - package of two), allowing to air dry.  

For shading of cardstock die cuts - including foliage and flowers - I used Small Blending Brushes (item 160518 - package of three) and finger Sponge Daubers (item 133773 - package of five) to apply the Classic Stampin' inks to the cardstock.

For the background panels on three of the projects I used recycled book pages that I had scrunched up with my hands and painted with white acrylic paint - while the paint was still wet I scrunched up the pages again so that the paint would partially lift off in places, showing a hint of the underlying text.  Once dry the pages were glued to cardboard panels that had been trimmed to fit the inside back dimensions of the frames.  Glue stick works great for applying these thin papers to the cardboard panels (I usually apply the glue stick to the cardboard).

Just a quick summary of the additional basic tools and supplies I used to complete my projects this week, in addition to the Paper Trimmer (item 152392):
  • Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (item 149653) for all die cutting and embossing;
  • Take Your Pick Tool (item 144107) - the tacky putty tip is definitely a great help for picking up and placing small die cuts and embellishments; and
  • for the main adhesive, Multipurpose Liquid Glue (item 110755).
On with the projects!
To complete this project, which began with a plastic thrift store frame, glass removed, edges scruffed up with a medium grit sandpaper, glass removed, and inside back dimensions of 7" x 5", I used the following additional supplies:
  • Poppy Parade cardstock (item 119793), shaded with Real Red ink (item 147084), for the Extraordinary Life heart;
  • Granny Apple Green cardstock (item 146990) for the Everyday Arches door - Basic Black cardstock (item 121045) for the Gears & Textures doorknob;
  • Highland Heather cardstock (item 146986) for the Scalloped Wishes flowers - Basic Black cardstock for the Pretty Poinsettia flower centers, and Gorgeous Grape cardstock (item 146987) for the tiny circle flower centers.  The tiny circles, used for the flower centers and as accents on the Gorgeous Grape cardstock Bordered In Beauty roof bracket (Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather cardstock), were the negative pieces from Gears & Textures hole punch edge die cuts;
  • Pool Party cardstock (item 122924), shaded with Lost Lagoon ink (item 161678), for the Help Me Grow flowers;
  • Crushed Curry cardstock (item 131199), shaded wth Pumpkin Pie ink (item 147086) and a little Real Red ink (item 147084), for the Pretty Poinsettia flower.  For the Sweet Bugs flower center I used Pecan Pie cardstock (item 161717), shaded with Early Espresso ink (item 147114);
  • for the Sweet Bugs mushroom I used Very Vanilla cardstock (item 166784), shaded with Crumb Cake ink (item 147116), for the mushroom base die cut (stem) and gills (trimmed from a base die cut); and for the mushroom cap I used Crumb Cake cardstock (item 120953), shaded with Crumb Cake and Early Espresso inks; and
  • I glued trimmed pieces of medium weight cardboard behind the house in order to bring the level of the house up even with the sides of the frame.  I used strips trimmed from Foam Adhesive Sheets (item 152815) to attach the heart, and one of the Stampin' Dimensionals (item 104430), trimmed as necessary, to attach the Pretty Poinsettia daisy.
For the second project I began with another thrift store frame - glass removed, inside back dimensions of 6" x 4", and used the following additional supplies:
  • Poppy Parade cardstock (item 119793) for the Everyday Arches door - Basic Black cardstock (item 121045) for the Gears & Textures doorknob, and Basic White Thick cardstock (item 159229) for the small Extraordinary Life heart;
  • Basic White Thick cardstock and Crushed Curry cardstock (item 131199) for the Help Me Grow flower clusters - the Basic White Thick cardstock flowers were added to a Sweet Bugs stem;
  • Pool Party cardstock (item 122924), shaded with Lost Lagoon ink (item 161678), for the Help Me Grow flowers and the large Pretty Poinsettia flower - I used Crushed Curry cardstock, shaded with Pecan Pie ink (item 161665), for the Sweet Bugs flower center;
  • Crushed Curry cardstock, shaded with Daffodil Delight ink (item 147094) for the small Pretty Poinsettia flower (used on a Sweet Bugs stem) - the Pretty Poinsettia flower center was cut from Basic Black cardstock (item 121045), and to the center I added one of the small Daffodil Delight dots from the recently retired Muted Palette Dots (item 165155);
  • Pool Party cardstock for the Stitched Triangles flag banner;
  • Pretty Peacock cardstock (item 150880) for the Gears & Textures hole punch edge die cut; and
  • I again added trimmed pieces of medium weight cardboard behind the house to bring the house up level with the sides of the frame.
For the third project I began with a white frame from Dollarama, glass removed, edges slightly distressed with a medium grit sandpaper, and inside back dimensions of 7" square.  For the background panel I covered the cardboard panel trimmed to fit the frame with a painted canvas patterned paper from the retired In Good Taste 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 152494).  Over the In Good Taste DSP I added a 1 1/4" wide strip of the brick patterned paper from the retired Bloom Where You're Planted 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 155696), matted with a 1 3/4" wide strip of an Early Espresso patterned paper from the retired Autumn Toile 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper (item 165882).  Over the DSP I added a torn piece of recycled corrugated cardboard, over which I had brushed some white acrylic paint.
To complete the project I used the following additional supplies:
  • Poppy Parade cardstock (item 119793), shaded with Real Red ink (item 147084), for the Extraordinary Life heart;
  • Calypso Coral cardstock (item 122925) for the Everyday Arches door - Basic White Thick cardstock (item 159229) for the Gears & Textures doorknob (and for the Tags To Go key);
  • for the large Pretty Poinsettia flowers:  Petal Pink cardstock (item 146985), shaded with Calypso Coral ink (item 147101); and Golden Glow cardstock (item 167685), shaded with Daffodil Delight ink (item 147094) - for the Sweet Bugs flower centers I used Pecan Pie cardstock (item 161717), shaded with Pecan Pie ink (item 161665) and Early Espresso ink (item 147114); 
  • for the small Pretty Poinsettia flowers:  Flirty Flamingo cardstock (item 141416), shaded with Calypso Coral ink; and Golden Glow cardstock, shaded with Daffodil Delight ink.  The Pretty Poinsettia flower centers were cut from Basic Black cardstock (item 121045), and to the center of the Golden Glow cardstock flower I added one of the small Pecan Pie dots from the Online Exclusives Earthy Matte Dots (item 167213); and
  • to attach the house to the background panel I used a combination of strips trimmed from Foam Adhesive Sheets (item 152815) and glue - I used the glue where the house would lie over the corrugated cardboard panel.  I also used strips trimmed from Foam Adhesive Sheets to attach the Extraordinary Life heart.
For the final house project I began with a black plastic thrift store frame, glass removed, inside back dimensions of 10" x 8".  I also made use of the white cardboard framing mat that came with the frame (6 1/2" x 4 1/2" window opening).  To complete the project I used the following additional supplies:
  • Flirty Flamingo cardstock (item 141416), shaded with Calypso Coral ink (item 147101), for the Extraordinary Life heart;
  • Basic Black cardstock (item 121045) for the Everyday Arches door, the Gears & Textures hole punch strip die cut, and the small circle doorknob;
  • Poppy Parade cardstock (item 119793) for the Gears & Textures doorknob, and for the Bordered In Beauty scalloped edge die cut (I used the same triangle die that I used to cut the roof to cut the bottom and sides of the bracket edge die cut so that it would match the bottom and sides of the roof);
  • for the large Pretty Poinsettia flowers:  Poppy Parade cardstock shaded with Real Red ink (item 147084) - Crushed Curry cardstock (item 131199) shaded with Pecan Pie ink (item 161665) for the Sweet Bugs flower center; and Crushed Curry cardstock, shaded with Pumpkin Pie ink (item 147086) and Real Red ink (item 147084) - Pecan Pie cardstock, shaded with Early Espresso ink (item 147114) for the Sweet Bugs flower centers;
  • Flirty Flamingo cardstock, shaded with Calypso Coral ink, for the small Pretty Poinsettia flower - Basic Black cardstock for the Pretty Poinsettia flower center, to which I added one of the small Poppy Parade dots from the retired Dear Dots (item 165848);
  • Crushed Curry cardstock for the Help Me Grow flowers added to the Sweet Bugs stems; and
  • I added strips trimmed from medium weight cardboard behind the house, and used strips trimmed from Foam Adhesive Sheets (item 152815) to attach the Extraordinary Life heart.
And finally . . .

For my Archie card this week, shared at the bottom of this blog post, I used VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink to stamp the images from the retired Grace's Garden stamp set (item 151513 - featured in the January-June 2020 Mini Catalogue) on watercolour paper, and used Pumpkin Pie ink (item 147086), Pool Party ink refill (item 122933), Old Olive ink (item 147090), Granny Apple Green ink (item 147095), Misty Moonlight ink (item 153118), and Gray Granite ink (item 147118), to colour the image panel.  I also used watercolour paper for the 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" framing mat.  Before using the Everyday Arches dies (item 164629) to cut the window opening I glued a 1 1/2" wide strip of Pool Party patterned paper from the retired Sunshine & Rainbows 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper (item 158126) across the panel.  I used double-sided tape (Tear & Tape Adhesive - item 154031) to attach the framing mat over the image panel.  I used Pool Party cardstock (item 122924) for the base of the 5 1/4" x 4" top-fold card, and after gluing the framed image panel to the card front added one of each of the three sizes of the Pool Party dots from the Array Of Dots (item 167559) to the card front.  I used Basic White Thick cardstock (item 159229) for the card's 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" inside panel, to the bottom of which I added a 7/8" wide strip of the Sunshine & Rainbows DSP.

Thank you for visiting my blog!  I had a lot of fun working on my happy houses this week - and the flowers too of course!

Unfortunately the Fern & Flora dies (item 168991) are currently out of stock but Stampin' Up! expects that they will again be available for ordering the week of August 3, 2026.

Designer Series Paper And Cardstock Sale!
Between August 4th and August 31st Stampin’ Up! will be offering 15% off select Designer Series Papers and cardstock!  This will be a great opportunity to stock up on supplies for fall and festive season art and crafting projects!  All qualifying products will be listed in the "Designer Series Paper And Cardstock Sale" page in the Online Store.

If you are interested in purchasing any of the available Stampin’ Up!® products I have used in my projects, and you live in Canada and do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please do not hesitate to visit my online store found on my website https://archiesatelier.stampinup.net/ at your convenience, or simply click under the "Shop With Me" tab on the right sidebar of my blog, which will take you directly to my website and online store.  I very much appreciate your business, and would be very pleased to be your demonstrator! If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me (lmccoyarchie@gmail.com), and I will try my best to help!  The digital version of the May-August 2026 Catalogue is available for you to access at your convenience on my website.  If visiting the online store don't forget to check out the full range of Online Exclusives Products - including all the new products released on July 1st, including the Oh My Fright dies (item 168175) - as well as the Last Chance Products Listing!  A reminder that all Last Chance Products are available only while supplies last!

Have fun creating!

Laurel

*It has come to my attention that quite often email correspondence from me is delivered to the recipient's spam or junk mail folder - if you have corresponded with me I have replied so be sure to check your spam or junk mail folder!  Thank you!! 
"The smallest meow can melt the biggest heart."
- Unknown -





















































































Comments